Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hello! Still borrowing a computer, but hoping to be up on the internet on Tuesday. We are taking pictures and videos of the 2 younger children. They have such a great time playing with us. We get to visit with them in the morning for 2 hours and in the afternoon for 2 hours. There is another wonderful couple from Alabama here with us. We share cab rides to the orphanage and get to eat all our meals together. It's almost like being at home :)

Because Elijah is 7, he was moved 2 weeks ago to another orphanage 30 minutes away. This is where he attends school. We have only met him once, but are planning to visit him on Tuesday. We need to wait to be interviewed by the inspector before we are allowed to speak to Elijah about adoption. This is why we cannot visit yet.

The 2 younger ones are learning English quickly. They love to be hugged and cuddled and are now giving us kisses. Delores Annaleise (we will call her Annaleise) loves her doll baby and is a little shy. Jeremiah has problems with his shoulders/arms. He cannot lift his arms above his head. However, he runs and plays and laughs like an ordinary child. He has a wonderful smile and loves to be cuddled. He is very talkative, and even sings with us. He has the right toon, but his words are in Russian.

When we walk into their classroom, they both jump up to give us a hug and then run to get their doll and car that we gave them. Next they go to their locker and change their shoes so that we can go outside. It's amazing to watch them -- they keep the little bit of belongings in their locker with their name on it. They have slippers they wear inside and sandals with socks when they go outside. They have a routine that they know exactly what to do.

Well, we miss home terribly, and can't wait to be back. We hope to share the videos and photos this week. Hope to share again in a few days! Thanks for your comments, we can't wait to get on the blog to see what's going on!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad the children are taking to you guys so easily. I hope everything goes good with Elijah and he is as excited as the other two. Do they have any indication about how much longer it may be before you can petition the Court to adopt them? I hope you guys get to bring them home soon.

Love
Angi

Pat said...

Been reading, reading, reading all I can in re to this wonderful thing you two are doing. I thought pics were a no no until after final adoption so that is a great surprise!!!!!!! I am sure they are quite beautiful and cant wait to see them. Wish you the best re Elijah and praying for all.

Madison and Zoe went nose to nose today, no fur flew, they just stared at each other, so I think it is old hat with those two.

Take care and Gods love and prayers be with you all.

love Pat

Emma said...

I have been checking your blog daily. I love hearing about the children and their personalities! I can picture Annaleise holding her doll baby (so precious). I hope that your visit with Elijah is successful tomorrow!

You are all in our prayers!
Emma

A&W said...

Hearing about your experience is truly the highlight of my day!! I cannot express how happy I feel for you. Melissa, how does it feel to be called mama?! ;) Awesome, isn't it!? Best of luck as you continue down your path. I keep you both (and now the children!) in my prayers every evening.
Take Care - Ashley

Amy Emmelhainz said...

I am so excited for your family! What an amazing adventure! Can't wait to see pics!

Frank said...

I'm glad the children are taking to you guys so easily. I hope you guys get to bring them home soon. I am so excited for your family! I just wanted to say Rick, you and Melissa are in our prayers. Only God could have brought you two, to this point in your lives. To adopt these wonderful children and bring them home to America. God's speed my friend. All of the teachers were asking about you today.
Take care my friend.
Frank

Angel said...

Hi Proud mama and papa.... you guys must have a lot of fun with your children now!!!! Wish all of families the best !!!!!!!
I'm so happy and excited for you !!! OH!! YA!!!!oh !!! YA!!!!!

Dad and Mom said...

Hey you two, checking several times a day can't wait to see Pictures, you will be old hands as mom and dad by time you get back. been taking care of your garden canned tomatoes this wk, 17pts and 17 qts. Your peppers are still on the vine. picked some of your squash. Marie and I can't wait to go shopping as soon as you give us some sizes. Can't wait to meet our new grandkids, give them hugs for us. Love you, Dad and Mom

Cindy's family said...

Wow
I finally read the whole blog,
The kids and parents both look great. Rick and Missy, what an amazing undertaking on your part The smiles in the pictures prove it all worthwhile. The kids aren't the only ones coming back to a better home. Dwight