Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thanks to everyone who reviewed our blog and posted comments! We read each one and are so thrilled to share our experience with you.


Are you ready for the incredible news from our SDA interview?!

The interview went very well. Yvennya got us in as the first appointment which meant that we had first choice. The psychologist that interviewed us was very pleasant and Yvennya said that she really liked us. We ended up choosing the first set of children we were shown ...

We are been given a referral to adopt three children! Boy aged 7, girl aged 6, and a boy aged 5. They are all from the same family. Their mother was raising them by herself and she became terribly ill and died. These three children have been in the orphanage for about two years. They are healthy and just waiting for a family to love them and take them home. We pray that we are that family.

We now wait for the referral paperwork to be processed. Once everything is official, we will travel about 80 km outside of Kiev to the orphanage to visit (on Friday). After it is determined that we do want to follow through, and the orphanage director believes we will be good parents, we petition for our court appearance.

We are in shock, extremely excited, and can't wait to meet them! We will forward pictures when we can. We will leave Kiev on Friday -- not sure about internet connection of where we are going. We will be in touch again soon!

Thanks again to all of our friends who are supporting us back home! Prayers were definitely answered today -- amazing things fell into place this morning to bring us to these specific children.

13 comments:

Angel said...

YA!!!!! YA!!!! , sorry , I need to scream , so excited !!!!!!!

Rick and Melissa Butsko said...

Hey, Angel -- you are quick! We just posted this 1 minute ago!!!

Things are great here! Thanks for the enthusiasm!

Emma said...

Roger says ... Why not just bring 10 back!

Liza says ... I am so happy for you!

Emma said...

What great news!!! I have been checking your blog this morning looking for an update. Julie and I both got tears in our eyes and goosebumps when we read the news. You and Rick are giving these children such a wonderful gift. I can't wait to see pictures.

Congratulations a million times ...
Emma

Unknown said...

Good Luck Missy and Rick. I hope everything goes well on Friday. Congratulations on finding children so quickly.

Angi

dad and mom said...

Missy and Rick I am so happy for you. We cannot wait to hug our new grandkids. Waiting for pictures.

Love you both.

Dad and Mom

Angel said...

Dear Melissa
If you can't take their photos, remember the "feet"!!!!! YA!!!!!YA!!!

a1lawson said...

OMG! I am stunned and excited! You two are angels to those children!
I wish you the best of luck on Friday! I can only imagine how thrilled you must be feeling --- the Butsko family is about to E-X-P-A-N-D! xoxox Ashley

bill said...

Congratulations! That is such great news. what a wonderful gift for you and for those three children. Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with all of you over the coming weeks.

Unknown said...

Aunt Missy and Uncle Rick,

Gabbie: I miss you and want to give you a hug. Can't wait to see my new cousins. They are my age.

DJ: I really hope that you will come home with our new cousins safely. I miss you very very much. Good luck on Friday.

Love DJ and Gabbie - And Caiden too.

Anonymous said...

Brian and I are so excited for you guys. We all have been praying for months that God would make the choice clear to you . . . obviously our prayers have been answered! As soon as things are confirmed I will start shopping!

Love you both,
Jayne

Pat said...

Wishing you all of the best tomorrow! Will be thinking and praying for you guys. Wow!!! Love Pat

Amy said...

How amazing!!! Your bringing home three little ones to love. I am truly so happy for you guys. I am sitting here wiping tears as I type. I can't believe you will get to meet them tomorrow. I bet you don't get much sleep tonight. :) I can't wait to see pictures. Best of luck tomorrow. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Congratulations!!!!